20 September 2023 - Improve computation timeout
Moved the computation timeout from an overall timeout for the whole run to an individual node timeout (5 minutes).
This is required due to increasing run sizes (many nodes and scenarios) exceeding the 20 minute timeout limit.
Added a distinct error when the timeout is exceeded, that is reported in the interface as the reason for failure.
7 September 2023 - Summary statistics update
- Added a data type selector (select the data type to calculate statistics on)
- Added ARI options to the whole record field (1.5, 2, 5 and 10)
- Updated the result file format
6 September 2023 - Spell analysis updates
- Fix an issue in spell analysis/ simultaneous spell analysis where events in the event log that cover multiple seasons are split into seasons
- Add summary results that includes statistics calculated with all identified events. See the model documentation for more info.
19 July 2023 - Minor model updates
- Updated the Catfish (Tandanus) model to include a depth duration parameter, and to assess the flow and depth requirements sequentially, instead of concurrently. See the model documentation page for updated details on the function of this model.
- Added summary results for the Baseflow separation model. These results are the mean of each indicator (baseflow_index, quickflow_index, baseflow_mean, quickflow_mean) across all years in the data. See the model documentation page for updated details on the function of this model.
7 July 2023 - Improve model run settings
The run period of a model is now saved when a model is run. When you re-open the model it will still be present in the run tool.
Modified the default behaviour of the computation to raise an error when invalid data is found. Most common reasons for invalid data are:
- Missing a date in the timeseries
- Invalid value on a date
- Invalid/unrecognisable date
Added an ‘Attempt to run with incomplete data’ option, along with an infill method (infill with no value, or infill with previous valid value). Select this option to force the computation to infill the bad data and still attempt to run the tool. This selection is saved.
The computation will now raise an error if there is no data available to run analysis on. I.E. there is no overlap between the timeseries provided for different data types, or there is no data at all within the provided files. Previously the tool would still attempt to run, producing empty results.
4 July 2023 - Various minor improvements
A number of minor improvements to make the tool more robust and intuitive.
- Renamed comp to compliance in lowflow, freshes and multi-year freshes plugin results. To be consistent with the interface naming.
- Added compliance lag component to lowflow, freshes and multi-year freshes to allow the user to specify lag in compliance data.
- Updated the season picker component to better show how a season will be defined by the plugin, and to give the user more control. Date based seasons now include a ‘Analyse incomplete seasons’ checkbox to determine if the computation should run analysis on all years, even if we only have half a season worth of data for a particular year. Temperature based seasons now have a comparison (>=/<=) select, along with the option to use a moving average instead of a daily value for defining a temperature season.
- Updated the waterhole calibration timeseries charts to maintain the selected legends even when re-loaded after a new run.
4 July 2023 - Computation changes
The computation service has been reviewed and refactored to improve usability and robustness. The largest resulting change is that the computation now only runs for the period which contains data for all types required.
For instance, if a plugin requires flow and rainfall data and is run with:
- 10 years of flow from 1/1/2000 to 31/12/2010
- 5 years of rainfall from 1/1/2000 to 31/12/2005.
Then the analysis will be run from the 1/1/2000 to 31/12/2005 (The longest period where all data is present).
Previously, the computation would run for the period of the main data type (usually flow or depth, depending on the plugin), without considering the periods of the other data provided. This could often cause errors when running, as the computation would attempt to access a data type that didn’t exist. In the example provided above, the computation would previously run for the period of flow data and need to handle missing depth from 1/1/2006 onwards (this could potentially cause un-expected results or errors).
Additionally, the computation now performs more data validation on provided data. This includes:
- Check for missing days in provided data and infill these days with null values for the missing data types in the combined timeseries
- Sort provided timeseries by date before running analysis
- Check more potential date formats when parsing dates
4 July 2023 - Intermediate results visualisation
Added a new tab in the model explore screen for intermediate results. Select this tab and you can view visualisations of the intermediate results produced by the model.
This tool dynamically analyses the intermediate results to find all available result types (success, in_season, flow_threshold_met, etc.), along with time scales available (daily or yearly).
Daily results are visualised via a heat map, with days in the x-axis and years on the y-axis. The colour of each day reflects the value for that day, as shown in the legend at the top of the screen. Mouse over the chart and you can find the exact date and value of each day. Additionally, you can adjust the number of days/years shown in the charts via the sliders at the top of the page.
Yearly results are visualised via a timeseries chart, with year on the x-axis and value on the y-axis. You can interact with these charts in the same way as all other timeseries charts in the tool.
25 May 2023 - Input data visualisation
Added the ability to preview all system data through a series of visualisations. You can find the ‘preview’ button on the system screen, click it to open the data preview tool.
From within the data preview tool, you can view each data type in a range of combinations, including by scenario (across all locations) and by location (across all scenarios). The tool contains 2 charts:
- Timeseries (view the provided data)
- Magnitude duration (calculated in the tool from the provided data)
Both charts support linear/log axis types as well as zooming, panning and saving as an image. Additionally, charts persist both the zoom and legend state when changing your selection, so you can easily compare different data combinations for the same period.
24 May 2023 - Colwells index update
Re-worked the class boundary methods available in the Colwells Index plugin. Available methods are now:
- Weighted Log
See the model documentation here for details of these methods.
16 May 2023 - Baseflow separation patch
Fixed a computation issue where an error would occur whilst running the Baseflow separation plugin, if the period being analysed had 0 total flow (no flow at all in the period)
11 May 2023 - New Models
Added 3 new models:
- Australian Bass spawning and juvenile recruitment (the previous version of this model is still accessible under the name Superceeded – Australian Bass spawning and juvenile recruitment)
- Baseflow seperation
- Colwells Index
Added salinity data type
Made some minor styling changes on the explore page
27 April 2023 - Waterhole calibration patch
- Removed upper limit on evaporation scaling % parameter (new range is 0-inf)
- Removed upper limit on evaporation scaling % in genetic algorithm (model can now potentially optimise evaporation scaling to values > 100%)
- Added validation on groundwater inflow % and loss to deep drainage % parameters (inflow + loss <= 100%)
19 April 2023 - Additional intermediate results
Added additional intermediate results on:
- Simultaneous spell analysis
- Northern snake-necked turtle
- Low flow spawning fish
3 February 2023 - Major release
- Added the spell analysis plugin, incorporating above threshold, below threshold, and range spells analysis methods into a single plugin
- Added the simultaneous spell analysis plugin, with the ability to consider simultaneous spells across multiple locations with lag.
- Added a run settings log file, which is generated every time the computation is run. Any and all runs of the Eco Risk Projector computation will now include a run settings log of all parameters, including parameters calculated by the computation (For example; ARI threshold or median flow value).
- Improved tool tips, units, and labels for better user experience.
- Updated combined results, split daily results, scenario level download, and across-scenario level download options.
- Revisited and revised the computation for the Northern Snake Neck turtle.
- Major updates to waterhole calibration processes, including:
- Split calibration screen into 2 different modals; calibration and run to empty
- Added a number of additional predictors
- Allow saving of optimisation parameters
- Allow uploading of data for optimisation only
16 January 2023 - Major release
- Added a maximum inundation threshold for recruitment success on Mary River turtles. This feature also provides inundation percentage and risk level as an intermediate result.
- Added intermediate results to most plugins.
- Added waterhole calibration feature.
- Improved clarity on optional field groups such as ARI vs Threshold.
- Enabled the use of default scenario flow data for ARI calculation.
- Updated ARI Algorithm to use a peak-over-threshold approach instead of the previous annual maximums approach.
- Renamed all plugins to more informative names, including scientific names.
- Split the Across Years Assessment algorithm into two sections: one for binary yearly results and another to convert results from unbounded yearly results.
- Fixed an issue where the Explore Opportunities tooltip was showing an incorrect year range.
- Updated the Across Years Assessment algorithm to not give results when there aren’t enough years to satisfy the rule.
- Removed non-variable Lowflow, Freshes, Oversupply, and Multiyear Freshes plugins.
8 September 2022 - Initial release
Eco Risk Projector is official alive and presented at a training workshop to the Queensland Department of Environment and Science.